The Huawei Nexus 6P is an extra-ordinary phone with numerous attractive features. Users, by far, have been happy with the product. However, just like any other device or machine, this one is not devoid of issues. One common issue is that it won’t boot past the Google logo, which has become commonplace after the Nougat software update.
First, we would like to assure you that this is not a giant problem. You are not the only one facing it. Many users have complained of the exact same problem and have been able to get past it with ease. Let’s find out how to rectify it so that you don’t trouble yourself any longer.
Nexus 6P won’t boot past Google logo – the solution
We suggest that you start by factory resetting your device through the Recovery Mode. The steps to do so are as follows:
- Turn your phone off and then turn it back on using the power and volume down buttons (hold them down until it starts).
- On the screen, you will see Start and an arrow.
- Enter the Recovery Mode by tapping the volume down button two times and the power button.
- Now, keeping the power button pressed, press volume up for a second and leave it.
- This is when you will see details to wipe data off and reset your phone. To navigate through the options, you can use the volume buttons.
- You can choose using the power button. So, when you navigate to the “Yes – Erase All Data” option, press the power button.
This should do the trick for you.
Check if everything has gone back to normal. In most circumstances, it will. But, if there’s a deeper problem, it will persist. Now, you have no choice but to go to the service center and have it looked at.
Nexus 6P won’t boot past Google logo – Alternative solution
Heading over to the service center is always daunting. You never know how much it will cost and whether you have to completely replace your device. We understand this concern, which is why we have an alternate solution for you.
You can modify the bootloader and flash the firmware.
This is a complicated process that we do not recommend if you are not well-versed with software. Even average Android users face difficulty with this. If you choose to tread this path, remember to follow every single step in the guide without fail. Tampering with the firmware can have serious negative effects when done wrong. It can also void the warranty. So, be careful.
Nexus 6P stuck on Google logo is not a difficult problem at all. It is only in a few circumstances that troubleshooting options don’t work. So, don’t worry at all!
We hope this article helped solve your issue. If you have any other questions about your Nexus 6P, please feel free to ask us.