Here you will find the solution to the problem of “Congratulations You Won” virus on your Android mobile. These instructions will work on most of the Android devices including the Samsung users who get the most of this problem.
Congratulations you’re today’s lucky visitor
Many times you may have seen that a pop-up window occurs on the Android screen displaying that ‘Congratulations You Won’ or ‘You are today’s lucky visitor, Congratulations’ and asks to answer some simple questions to claim your price. This is nothing but the scam which helps the attackers to finish their surveys without too much giving. Many people don’t understand this and give the answer to the questions displayed on the screen. This not only works for the attackers, but also harms your device by injecting viruses into it.
If you see unwanted and huge amount of ads in your browser or the language of your browser is changed automatically or when you click on a link and redirect to another web page which is unknown, then your device may be infected with this virus. You can surely get rid of this by doing some necessary steps. Let’s check them below.
How to get rid of congratulations you won virus on android?
Step 1: Uninstall
The Very basic step is to remove the software or application downloaded on your device. For this,
- Go to ‘Settings,’ then click the ‘Apps’ tab.
- After that, go to ‘downloaded’ section and then locate ‘Congratulations You Won.’ Select it and uninstall from your Android device.
- You can also use the ‘Device Administrator’ option on the ‘Security’ in Settings. Before doing this, make sure to uncheck the box of ‘Unknown Sources’ under Settings > Security > Device Administration section.
Step 2: Force Stop and Clear Browsers to remove
Another thing is to clear browser data and cookies from your device. Also, you can ‘Force Stop’ your installed browsers which will prevent them opening randomly. For this,
- go to ‘Settings’ and then select ‘Apps’ tab.
- In the ‘Downloaded’ section, select ‘Chrome.’
- Now click on ‘Force Stop’ tab and then click on ‘Clear Data’ option.
- Repeat this process for all other browsers like ‘Firefox,’ ‘Internet,’ ‘UC Browser,’ etc.
Step 3: Restart your Android device
After doing all these steps, restart your Android device. The problem of ‘Congratulations You Won’ virus should be fixed now.
Removed: Congratulations You Won Virus on Android
We hope this guide will help you to remove such disturbing virus from your Android device. This virus pops up in a different manner like ‘Facebook claim prize’ pop up on Android, ‘congratulations Samsung user, you won a grand prize,’ ‘congratulations you’re today’s lucky visitor,’ ‘dear Android user, Congratulations you have won,’ etc. By following the above steps, you can easily get rid of such nuisance. If it not works, then you can also have an option to format your Android device and start afresh. Make sure to backup of your data before doing ‘Factory Settings’ of your phone and formatting it.
Good Luck Dear Android User!