Snapchat is the reason why 10-second stories are the new “cool.” When Snapchat was launched, it revolutionized the whole way we used social media with its many amazing features. Right from providing multiple filters to pick from to letting us put a timer on our Snaps, it covered all aspects of “fun” for the new generation.
That’s why, it is no wonder why Snapchat is widely popular all over the world.
However, just like every other social media platform, it has a few confusing or difficult settings that we need to wrap our heads around. One of them is changing the Snapchat notification sound. This article is dedicated to answering this question for you.
How to change Snapchat notification sound
Change Snapchat notification sound – iOS
There’s not much you can do here because the iOS app doesn’t allow you to add your own notification sound. You can only choose from the presets available. However, all’s not lost for you iOS users! You can still update the ringtone based on your preferences. Here’s how you do it:
- Go to Settings on your iOS mobile device
- Choose Sounds and Haptics
- Find Ringtone
- Now find the Sound and Vibration Patterns option to explore multiple ringtones that you can choose from
Change Snapchat notification sound – Android
Android users, behold! You have a lot of flexibility with Snapchat notification sounds! Here are the steps you should follow for the same:
- Open Settings from your Home Page
- Search for Apps & Notifications and tap on this option
- Choose See All Apps and then find Snapchat
- Here, you will see an option to see information about the app
- Choose Notifications to open Notification Settings
- Now, choose Snaps and Chats
- Tap on the Notifications Category and choose Advanced
- Select Sound
- Explore from the available ringtones or upload your custom ringtone
Wasn’t that quite easy? Snapchat is quite user-friendly in this regard, as is Android. So, you don’t have to worry about sticking to the default ringtone anymore. Go crazy with your favorite sound!
Bonus – MY SNAPCHAT RINGTONE IS NOT WORKING!
There could be multiple reasons why you are getting Snapchat messages and calls but without any ringtone. But, don’t panic! The solution is usually quite simple. Let’s take a look at why this happens in the first place:
- The notification settings may be OFF. Check the Settings option in your Snapchat app.
- Your phone must be on Silent (this is among the most common reasons).
- The ringtone must be set on NONE instead of the one you want. Kindly recheck.
- The device could be at fault. Try to restart your mobile phone.
- The app may have a bug. Uninstall and reinstall it right back.
One of these is sure to work and solve your problem and enable you to listen to your favorite sound every time you get a new notification or call.
If you have any other questions about notifications or Snapchat in general, feel free to let us know. We are here to help you out.