The DJI Phantom 3 drone is one of its kind, beating its competition quite comfortably. Its tech has managed to impress many along with its other features. But, you can only take advantage of the drone if you have the right tablet to accompany it. These devices work in tandem and they should complement each other. This article is dedicated to help you with this.
A Brief About The Phantom 3
The Phantom 3 is a technologically-advanced quadcopter that takes pictures and captures videos. You can control it using an app called the DJI Go App. There are different models that you can pick from:
- DJI Phantom 3 Standard: It is suitable for beginners and has a flight time of about 25 minutes. It has a GPS module, 1000m transmission distance, and DJI Wi-Fi video downlink. The model is fairly priced and more affordable than the others.
- DJI Phantom 3 Advanced: This is for those who want an extended range as its transmission distance is 5km. It provides live HD view and its flight time is 23 minutes.
- DJI Phantom 3 Professional: This is the most advanced model of them all. It is a definite upgrade from the previous version in that it shoots 4K videos. The other features are more or less the same.
Best Tablet For Phantom 3
The DJI GO App is not compatible with all devices. This is one of the biggest reasons why you should find a suitable tablet. Otherwise the app will get stuck or freeze and you will not be able to use your drone. Also, to have complete control on your drone and use all its features, a good tablet is an absolute necessity. In this section, you will find our recommendations.
1. Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 For Phantom 3
The Samsung Galaxy tab is a 11-inch tablet that is powered by Android 11.0. Its storage capacity is 256 GB and it is the first-ever 5G LTE tablet. Below are more details:
- It is quite a powerful tablet with PC performance. It has the DeX mode and is compatible with keyboards. Yet, it is portable and easy to use.
- The tablet has edge-to-edge display and TFT LCD to provide immersive viewing.
- Its quad speakers and Dolby Atmos Surround Sound make it a pleasure to use.
- It has a fast-charging USB-C port that gives you a decent amount of charge within minutes. Also, on full charge, the tablet works for many hours.
- Its camera is known for its utmost clarity at 13 MP + 5 MP. This means you can recor 4K videos.
2. Dragon Touch Notebook K10 Tablet
It’s light, it is basic, and it is affordable. If these are the features you are looking for, the Dragon Touch Notebook should be on your mind. Below are a few things you should know about it:
- It measures 10 inches and works on Android 9 Pie.
- The tablet has a 64-bit Quad Core Processor (up to 1.3GHz), making it suitable for smooth gameplay and videos.
- Its display is quite good too with 800 x 1280 IPS panel and abundant colors.
- It has dual speakers and dual-Wi-Fi mode for an overall enhanced experience.
- Its camera is pretty decent as well with 8 MP in the rear and 2 MP front camera.
- It has a 2 GB DDR4 memory.
3. Lenovo Tab M10 Plus Tablet
If you were missing Lenovo, here you are! Lenovo is a leading brand when it comes to tablets and in no way was it going to stay out of the competition here. Here’s why you should buy the M10 Plus tablet for your Phantom 3 drone:
- It is a premium model with an Octa-core processor.
- The tablet measures 10.3 inches and has an FHD screen.
- Its main frequency is 2.3GHz, which promises superior performance.
- It has an 8 MP rear camera and a 2 MP front camera. It also has 2 speakers powered by Dolby Atmos and dual microphones.
- This is a good choice if you have kids who will use the tablet too. It has a dedicated Kid’s Mode with parental controls, eye protection, and content curated for kids.
- It has dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, and minimum to zero latency.
4. Galaxy Tab S7 FE 2021 For Phantom 3
The Galaxy Tab S7 FE is available in 2 configurations – 64 GB and 256 GB. You may pick the one you prefer for your needs. Its features are as follows:
- It measures 12.4 inches and is powered by Android.
- The tab’s large screen provides brilliant colors in all environments – indoors and outdoors.
- Its Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor is responsible for its incredible power and performance.
- With the S Pen, you can engage in writing, doodling, sketching, etc. with the utmost ease. It is ideal for students and working professionals alike.
- Its built-in GPS is quite smooth and helps you track traveling pace, location, etc.
- It has Wi-Fi 5, 5G LTE, and Bluetooth 5.0. Plus, its amazing battery allows it to work for hours without problems.
5. Apple iPad Mini – 2019 For Phantom 3
You thought Apple was out of the race? Never! Apple is known to produce high quality products and the iPad Mini is one of them. And, good news – it is compatible with the Phantom 3 drone! Below are a few highlights of the same:
- It is a very powerful tablet, powered by the A12 Bionic chip.
- It is a compact tablet measuring just 7.9 inches. Its display is outstanding (Retina with True Tone).
- The iPad Mini has an 8 MP rear camera and 7 MP front camera.
- Its battery life is around 10 hours.
- You can choose from Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + Cellular variations.
The minimum requirements for the DJI App to work are 2 GB memory, 16 GB system storage, good battery, excellent display, and at least Android 5 or iOS operating system. The aforementioned tablets satisfy all these requirements and some of them do much more than that too. So, you can simply pick the one that suits your needs and you’ll be on your way!