The 3DR Solo is an excellent drone that packs more than just a punch. At 55 miles per hour, it is incredibly fast and comes with a lovely camera. In fact, you can also upgrade the camera if the need arises. Moreover, it has top-notch features such as autopilot functions, Linux operating system, and a robust design. Of course, all this comes at a hefty price. That is why, to do justice to your 3DR Solo, we recommend that you purchase a compatible and reliable tablet.
Choosing the best tablet for 3DR Solo
The number of choices when it comes to tablets is astounding. So, how do you choose one for your 3DR Solo? There are a few features that you should look at:
- Excellent connectivity should be at the top of your priorities. It should be able to establish a reliable connection that does not drop off without warning.
- High resolution display is another important feature.
- The screen should be glare-free.
- There must be no lags whatsoever. Otherwise, your drone may collide with an object. This can happen despite the fact that the 3DR Solo comes with a no-collision technology.
- Last but certainly not the least, the tablet’s battery life should be exceptionally good to allow hours of drone usage.
Best Tablet For 3DR Solo
Now that we know what to look for, let’s go through the choices available to us that fit the bill.
1. Microsoft Surface Pro X – 13” Tablet For 3DR Solo
Microsoft Surface Pro X has an 8 GB RAM and 128 GB SSD. It provides seamless connectivity even in the case absence of Wi-Fi thanks to its LTE feature. Below are a few more details:
- It is a 2-in-1 tablet with LTE Advanced Pro connectivity along with Wi-Fi.
- It is very sleek and slim, easily portable.
- The 13-inch screen is almost edge to edge and has a PixelSense Display.
- The tablet is powered by SQ1, Qualcomm and is an ideal multitasking device.
- Its battery life is roughly 13 hours.
2. 2019 Apple iPad Mini Tablet For 3DR Solo
Apple products are known for their great display, battery life, and reliability. The 2019 Apple iPad Mini checks all these boxes and more. Let’s go through its specifications:
- This is a 7.9-inch Retina Display iPad with true tone and wide color. This means that the display is outstanding.
- It is powered by the A 12 Bionic chip, which makes it incredibly fast.
- It has a touch ID fingerprint sensor.
- The back camera is 8 MP and the face camera is 7 MP.
- The tablet has stereo speakers.
- Connectivity options include LTE cellular data and Wi-Fi.
- Its battery life is around 10 hours.
3. Lenovo Yoga Smart Tablet For 3DR Solo
The Lenovo Yoga Smart Tablet is affordable and reliable at the same time. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 and comes with multiple surprisingly advanced features. A few of them are as follows:
- The Octa processor has a 2.0 GHz frequency. This implies that the tablet is extremely fast and lag-free.
- It runs on Android 9 Pie, which is one of the latest operating systems. You can also upgrade it to newer versions.
- It has a 4 GB RAM and a 64 GB SSD. These specifications are good enough for multitasking.
- The tablet comes with multiple connectivity options such as 802.11 ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and USB Type-C.
- The battery can easily last for 10 hours with average use.
4. Google Nexus 9 Tablet For 3DR Solo
That’s right! Google has joined the party! With its Nexus 9 tablet, there’s no reason why it should be left behind. Below are the reasons why we say so.
- It is powered by NVIDIA Tegra K1 2.3 GHz processor.
- The tablet has the Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system.
- It has an IPS display with an 8.9-inch screen.
- Its 2 GB RAM is good enough for basic browsing and connecting with the 3DR Solo drone.
- Its rear camera has a resolution of 8 MP while the front camera has 1.6 MP.
- It is a Wi-Fi only tablet.
- With average use, a fully charged battery can last the entire day.
5. 2020 Apple iPad Air Tablet For 3DR Solo
If you do not mind the price tag, you should definitely choose the 2020 Apple iPad Air. It comes with mind-blowing features that are sure to take you by surprise. Let’s see what they are:
- It works on the latest A 14 Bionic chip with Neutral Engine.
- It has a liquid Retina Display, which is a step above the normal Retina Display. Alongside, the 10.9-inch screen has P3 wide color and true tone.
- It has touch ID for greater security.
- The back camera is 12MP and the front camera is 7MP. They are both HD.
- You can enjoy up to 10 hours of battery life with moderate usage.
- Connectivity is beyond excellent through LTE cellular data, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth.
We tried to cover a wide price range so that you choose the tablet that fits your budget. All the aforementioned choices are good enough for your 3DR Solo drone but if you are not someone who will compromise, you should choose either Apple iPad Air or Microsoft Surface Pro X. Both of them have unbeatable features. If you have any more questions or need additional help in choosing the right tablet for your drone, please feel free to reach out to us.