Being a graphic designer is fascinating! It helps you explore your creativity and come up with masterpieces that are bound to impress. A few projects, though, may require you to go the extra mile and rediscover your hidden drawing skills. Of course, using a paper to do this will increase your burden and make it difficult. This is why a tablet comes handy. Tablets are compact, handy, responsive, and easy-to-use.
Best Tablet for Drawing Comics, Graphic Design, and Artwork
A regular tab may be able to help you with the basics, but for drawing comics and for artwork, you need a fireball. It should be faster with more capacity in order to help you create your creative wonders. To help you with this, we bring forth our favourite tablets for graphic designers. Let’s dive right in to find out which ones they are:
1. Parblo Coast10 10.1” Digital Pen Tablet Display Drawing Monitor
This tablet is the whole package for graphic designers! It comes with a pen and multiple other features that will impress you mightily. Here they are:
- The graphic pen is lightweight and convenient, especially because it has no battery. This makes it very comfortable for artwork.
- The surface is made of tempered glass. This means that it is sturdy and reliable.
- Its viewing angle makes the job even easier. The horizontal and vertical viewing angles are 170 degrees. You can adjust the monitor however you like and still get a good view while working.
- It has versatile compatibility, allowing you to download and use Manga Studio, Adobe Fireworks, Comic Studio, Adobe Illustrator, Corel Painter, CorelDraw, Adobe Photoshop, etc.
- It is compatible with both Windows and Mac. However, we request you to check the compatibility versions before making a purchase.
- The monitor comes with a drawing glove as well.
2. Huion H420 USB Graphics Drawing Tablet Board Kit
The Huion tablet has dual functionality, allowing you to expand your graphic horizons exponentially. It is one of the more popular ones out there thanks to its durability and affordability. Listed below are some of the features that you are bound to love:
- It works like a cursor and a screen. All you have to do is to move the pen on the board based on your requirements.
- You can design endlessly, thanks to its compatibility with various software programs such as Corel Painter, CorelDraw, Infinite Stratos, 3D Max, Comic Studio, Pixological ZBrush, etc.
- It has 3 keys to help you manage basic functions such as saving the current page and closing the current page.
- It has a USB interface.
- You can plug it in and start using it right out of the box. It requires no installations.
- It is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems.
3. Wacom Intuos Pro Digital Graphic Drawing Tablet
This may be on the expensive end, but it is definitely worth the price tag. When we used it, we were really happy with its performance. Many other users agree with us too! Let’s get into the specifics now:
- It is available in 3 sizes: small, medium, and large.
- It has an incredible graphic pen that can understand 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity. The tracking is lag-free, and the tilt response is great too.
- It has a USB port for easy connectivity.
- To set it up, you need the latest versions of Windows (Windows 7 or above) or Mac (10.10 or above) and Internet connection so that you can download the drivers.
- It supports Bluetooth, offering seamless and wireless connectivity to Mac or PC.
4. Huion INSPIROY Q11K Wireless Graphics Drawing Tablet
A drawing tablet that’s superb and affordable at the same time? Yes, please! The Huion INSPIROY tablet is your answer to a seamless graphic designing experience at a pocket-friendly price. What are its features? Let’s find out together:
- It supports wireless connection, making it a cable-free tablet.
- It identifies 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity.
- It is a large tablet, giving you more surface area to work with.
- It has 8 keys that you can customize to your convenience.
- It is a delight for everyone because it is designed for left-handers as well. We absolutely love this feature!
- You can work with multiple drawing software programs such as Illustrator, Krita, SketchBook Pro, CorelPainter, and PS.
- Whether you have Windows or Mac, this can be your companion!
5. Apple iPad Pro
We are going to round off with one of the most popular tablets when it comes to graphic design. It is none other than the iPad Pro by Apple. The 10.5-inch tablet has much to boast about, and its portability gives it a considerable edge over the others. Listed below are some of its top features:
- It has Retina Display with wide color, true tone, and ProMotion.
- It has Touch ID Fingerprint Sensor for added privacy and security.
- It has a 12 MP camera.
- You can use it with Wi-Fi or cellular data based on your preferences.
- It offers up to 10 hours of battery life, enabling you to work with it anytime, anywhere!
- It is a handy tablet for drawing comics and designing if you don’t mind the price.
It all comes down to your preferences and requirements. Every graphic designer and artist has specific needs. So, it would be unfair to pick out one tablet and say that it is the best. The “best” is actually a variable in this case. It depends on what you are looking for. This is why our list consists of different types of options. Now, your job is to pick out whichever suits your budget and your project needs. All the best!